Friday, April 15, 2011

Get up, Stand up

Having just had a heated debate on political views and standpoints on this week’s debates, I felt that it was only appropriate to listen to some Bob Marley, John Lennon, and some Justin Bieber (A true activist of women rights to love him). But am I the stereotypical hippy? Long hair, scruffy beard, High, Lazy but has intention to save the world MAN! Well I asked myself that question and came to the conclusion that I am that hippy, and in honor of that I will vow to the laziness and end my blog here...


YOU FOOKING KIDDING ME BRO!!?!?!? What do you think I am!? No I actually choose to speak my voice, I am not the type to keep up to date with politics, but we got to start somewhere and the debate I had in class was very fulfilling with facts and info that I did not know (Apparently we should not be voting for Harper...bah me I dunno bro) And with the help of fellow students I got info on this great survey that I strongly urge you to take a look at which through answering questions determines which party you should vote for. It literally took me 15 minutes to do (That’s half a family guy episode - actually it’s like two thirds if you remove the commercials but whatever, fox has to get their cash money $$$$$) but within those 15 minutes through the help of Google I was able to read and fully understand such question like....

Should Canada increase its military presence in the Arctic?
Should Canada adopt a carbon tax?
Should possession of marijuana be a criminal offence?

I could easily talk about the situation of our military presence in the Arctic due to the fact that it’s a possible confrontation between Russia and Canada, but I choose to entertain my fellow readers and talk about the fun stuff (but check out links on the bottom for the arctic situation and others) ....
Legalization or at least Decriminalization of marijuana, it is such a beautiful topic. Now some of you stuck ups will probably say, "Oh my god this guy is such a fucking druggy, smoking his pot, aspiring big things, and going nowhere in life" Now I will admit on national blog-a-vision that I do smoke marijuana, but you must understand that I do it in moderation (casual weekend chilling) just like some of you casually go out on Saturday and drink yourself silly, I mean fucking silly, to the point that you naked in the trunk of a guys car named Ted, and next thing you know you wake up in a pile of horse manure, but even with that, you don’t hear me saying, "Oh my god this guy is such a fucking alcoholic, drinking his alcohol, aspiring NOTHING, and going nowhere in life)" So let's clear all the tension and get to the facts...

Marijuana is of course a substance, which when abused can lead to, lack of passion, a distant attitude, laziness, and memory problems. But negative effects can be a component of an addiction to anything,
- Video Games (Trust me I was number one in Canada in Fifa @sangeseven @jiacobo)
- Facebook (A women actually shook her baby to death after he cried while she played Farmville -TWISTEDDDD)
-worst addictions of all, CIGARETTES AND ALCOHOL...

Cigarettes cause 38% of all cancers (I will admit marijuana does have negative effects on the lungs, but nothing close to cigarettes.)
Alcohol is the number 1 factor for fatal car accidents and for domestic violence...

Now legalization is a stretch, that even I don’t approach, but decriminalization is where we should aim, a ticket for a ride down stoner's lane should be enough.

*******************************************************************************

Voting Compass - http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadavotes2011/votecompass/
Article on Arctic - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2009/02/27/f-arctic-sovereignty.html (Check it out)
Inspiration for everyone check it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yD63qtjYgs

1 comment:

  1. I must say...people (especially of our generation) are way too concerned about the environment and are not concerned enough about MONEY. Jesus, we're in our twenties...life is starting soon...we're all gonna work and get our own homes and etc and we're all gonna have to pay major taxes very soon...why choose a system that will increase taxes? to pay for our medicare system? congrats, its public...it also takes 8 months to get knee surgery, whereas in another country i'd be able to pay for it and get it tomorrow... We need a 2-tier system that benefits both the rich and the poor...

    Harper is unpopular with our generation only because no one in our generation has ever really worked and they fail to understand that the poor people in Saguenay and fucking Abitibi are taking advantage of our tax dollars because while we pay 50% taxes, they sit at home for 8 months a year and collect a hefty welfare check every 2 weeks...a check that should be coming our way..to the people who feed the economy and create jobs...not to the people who use their money on fishing rods and MARIJUANA.

    Fuck you joe and ur hippy shit.

    ReplyDelete