Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sing along with me...


I love this time of year… the beautiful weather, the beautiful women (and don’t forget the mediocre women for those alcohol filled nights), and of course no school. Nothing better than kicking back in your Toyota Yaris that your grandmother lent you because your mazda-mx3 was a piece of shit and blew up on your ass (hypothetical situation), and when your cruising down Des Laurentides (Laval area), deciding which gas station to pump your gas at, you just have the radio on full blast, and the lyrics of those songs just hit you so deep… “If I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me” I mean Brittany got it spot on, how society just craves that warmth of another human next to them…. Or maybe she’s still a skank-a-zoid 5000 and is talking about giving a nice blowjob to some music producer…

Tough to distinguish the good music from the bad these days, it’s even more tough to distinguish who’s actually singing or who’s voice is being altered to sound like Beyonce + Celine Dion + Whitney Houston (Before the whole coke thing- coke will kill your career kids- and I’m not talking bout coca-cola, cuz that shit is delicious)… Music has gone a long way from Beethoven-The Beatles-Queen-Lady Gaga. Our generation is such a fast paced society that the majority of us have no time to listen to the words, so they flow to the beat. Perfect example… DJ PAULY D, this guy is just a regular DJ, though he may be tanned, juiced up like DelMonte, and have hair carrying 30 pounds of gel, moose, and animal seamen (its true), he is still a REGULAR DJ that feels that with his new popularity he should be taking advantage of all you horny little girls and make disgusting music, where he instructs me to beat up on a non-tangible item. 

In the end we cannot blame the musicians for taking advantage of us. Instead we have to blame ourselves for letting it happen… It’s as if a girl gets raped, and she is wondering why, but little does she know she’s waking around naked, with a sign on her back saying RAPE ME… (Kind of extreme I know, but I feel like music is raping my ears sometimes).  It’s come to the point where comedians are even mocking us, “The Lonely Island” is a perfect example, these guys are hilarious, but in the end its pretty sad that I’m in a club and I hear “I just had sex” come on…(even though I totally sing to it, and have air sex). 

I’m NOT telling you all what to listen to (The Beatles), but at least when you choose your music (Queen) try and at least think about what their saying (Kanye West) and understand the message their trying to send (U2) to the public.
Heres some links for you to check out!!!

(John Lajoie is hilarious) Radio Friendly song --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Gs4xGw1Eg

No comments:

Post a Comment